Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Randomness

Just a few random things/vents that I have had lately.

*I have lost 30 pounds since last July. I know not a HUGE amount when you consider I still need to get rid over 100 more pounds. BUT here is my thing – my husband lost about the same and EVERYONE asks him if he lost weight. Uhhhh, hello! I try not to be get upset about it. But it bothers me and he knows it. Especially since he didn’t try at allll! I also have a friend who has lost 55 since last July, she posts monthly photos to Facebook, for the longest time her only updates talked about going to the gym and how many calories she burned in a day. So of course people ALWAYS are commenting on it, asking me about how much she has lost, etc. So it is frustrating to me that NO one notices that I have. My pants are baggy, my shirts are too big, I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but I get rather upset about it at times. Oh well, what ya gonna do?!?!

*My next thing is how expensive all of this can be!!
Sunday was my first “official” 5K. I have done them before but they have just been for fundraisers basically. No timing, not mostly “real” runners. Boy did I feel outta place, and not just because of my chubby , slow self. I didn’t have all the cool clothes, watch, and accessories.

I have been LOOKING at stuff, and I did go out in October and buy the most expensive pair of shoes I have ever bought! (Mind you I am NOT a shoe person, I have like 5 pairs of shoes total.) I have been thinking about getting a heart rate monitor, but I have decided that at this point I need to be more consistant with DOING things before getting that. I have looked at clothes – but really not so easy or cheap to find in plus sizes! I did get a new pair of pants that are MUCH more comfy and normal looking to workout in than my sweats! I have an MP3 player, but not really sure how to use it. We’ll see, I am sure in the next few months as I train for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer I will be looking more into some of these items!

I am sure there are others, but I for now that is all, don’t want to depress myself anymore than I already have!

No comments:

Post a Comment